Perform duties to monitor clients participation in activities, assist clients to proceed through the responsibilities and commitments of the assigned program and transport clients to off site activities, providing services under parameters of designated program and within prescribed setting, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
1. Monitor clients during daily activities including work, meals and recreation to
ensure compliance with program commitments and regulations. Observe client
and facility conditions. Monitor client telephone conversations. Assist clients in
accessing program resources. Conduct searches of rooms and personal
belongings. Communicate unusual issues or circumstances to supervisory
personnel regarding current client and facility conditions.
2. Ensure safety of clients, program and the public at all times. Transport clients to
various appointments and activities including medical and dental appointments,
court hearings and scheduled and authorized outside activities. Monitor client
activities and behavior, maintain custody of client and conduct informal
individual counseling, while off site.
3. Facilitate group meetings and house meetings, note critical issues for review with
others and collect fees for services. Provide psycho education and skill training
4. Document client behavior and other related data. Prepare periodic and special
reports relating to work activities and project progress. Perform crisis
interventions as required including proper procedure for use of force.
5. Assist to develop and implement monthly activity plans for the program. Participate in the maintenance of the facility and its landscape along with clients.
6. Monitor clients issuing urine samples for laboratory testing and prepare and maintain required documentation for chain of custody.
7. Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to Agency policies and procedures.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE LIMITED TO:
1. Perform or assist with any departmental operations, under direction, to maintain work flow.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, staffing and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
3. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Common office equipment and specimen collection materials.
High School Education or equivalent required. One year of related experience in
counseling, intervention and behavior modification techniques or education is preferred.
Successful completion of Protective Action Response Training is required.
FULLY FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires understanding of addiction behavior and related social, psychological and health
issues. Requires complete knowledge of the organizations related programs, practices
and policies as well as rules of documentation and confidentiality . Requires the ability
to read, analyze and interpret written information including regulations and effectively
communicate verbally and in writing where information includes precise data and
terminology, possibly of a confidential nature. Requires the equivalent of a complete
high school education along with specialized training in counseling, intervention and
behavior modification techniques as well as successful completion of use of Protective
Action Response training to include two years of experience in working within a
residential treatment facility. Requires a valid state of Florida Driver's License and State
Location Orange County Women & Children's Residential Services
About the Organization The Center for Drug-Free Living, Inc. is proud to be Central Florida's largest provider of behavioral healthcare services for over 39 years. The Center provides a full continuum of innovative, high quality treatment, prevention, and juvenile justice services with the goal of promoting responsible choices and healthy living. Through programs operated by a compassionate and committed team of counselors, nurses, behavioral technicians, medical staff, and administrators, The Center For Drug-Free Living has earned the reputation as a leader in evidence-based treatment practices and services. The Center continues to advance in serving the changing needs of growing and diverse populations across Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Brevard counties through successful outcomes, research, and community action.